The aim of the training course is to advise delegates on the correct and safe use of offshore cranes, including full demonstration and instruction of operating skills required. Delegates will be individually assessed to identify learning outcomes.
Training Course Content
The main areas covered within the training course are:
- Legislation and guidelines including LOLER and PUWER and BS 7121.
- Duties and responsibilities.
- Identification of crane types and parts.
- Principles of crane stability.
- Daily and weekly safety and maintenance procedures.
- Correct and safe operating procedures.
- Automatic, safe load indicators.
- Limiting devices.
- Marine terminology and radio procedures.
- Inspection of lifting equipment.
- Radius, weight/load indicators.
The duration of this course and assessment is dependant on delegate experience. The assessment is a mixture of both theory and practical.