This training course can be tailored to delegates with experience or novices. The training course is designed to meet client needs and delivered on-site as and when required.
To ensure operators can safely use mobile elevated work platforms.
Training Course Objectives
By the end of the training course, delegates will be able to:
- Outline their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Identify other regulations, which apply to the M.E.W.P.
- Identify the cause of accidents and methods of prevention.
- Carry out pre use checks on the equipment.
- Operate the Mobile Elevated Work Platform in line with accepted standards of safe working practice.
- Session 1
Introductions, Accident prevention, Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Session 2
Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998, Lifting Operations Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998, Company safety code, Engineering principles – importance of pre use inspection and identification of parts to be inspected – what to look for – what action to take in the event of defects being found.
- Session 3
Routine daily service checks, Emergency lowering systems, Site safety assessment placing and operating the machine.
- Session 4
Written Test, Operating Skills (Practical Assessment), Feedback
This course includes theoretical and practical assessments leading to certification on successful completion.
Courses can be delivered on-site or at our training centre.