This training course is aimed at employees who have been selected to carry out ‘in-house’ instruction on lifting equipment.
The aim of the training course is to train experienced delegates to instruct other personnel in the safe use of lifting equipment.
Training Course Objectives
By the end of the training course, delegates will be able to:
- Recognise the need for the requirements of safe systems of work in relation to lifting operations.
- Instruct operatives on their obligations with respect to statutory requirements relating to lifting operations, Health & Safety at Work Act, Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER), and Lift Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER).
- Instruct operatives on the safe use of lifting equipment in accordance with the Code of Practice for the Safe Use of Lifting Equipment as published by the Lifting Equipment Engineers Association (LEEA).
- Develop effective training programmes and schedules in lifting operations applicable to their own working environment.
- Measure levels of instruction, by continuous performance review and assessments.
Training Course Content:
- Legislation, an update on all legislation including, Health & Safety at Work Act, PUWER and LOLER.
- Introduction to the LEEA Code of Practice for the safe Use of Lifting Equipment.
- The principle components of the systems approach to training. Analyse training projects, write training objectives, determine training content, and select methods of delivery and validation.
- Method of Instructional Techniques (MOIT). Includes valuable principles and techniques of good instruction.
- Delegate teaching practices, designed to practice and assess delegate’s knowledge and ability to instruct.
- Final assessment.
3-5 days, some evening work may be necessary.
Delegate’s progress is monitored by an ongoing assessment, the final of which is used to measure overall performance. Certificates are awarded to those that are successful on completion.
This course can be delivered on-site or at our training centre.